June 06, 2008

Women Ready to Make a Difference

I spent a week on the Rutgers University Douglass Campus with a group of women "ready to effect social change." Nella Barkley and Sandy Parker led us through a process of analyzing life stories, developing skill cards, conducting surveys, and writing proposals (not resumes).

To ensure we continue making progress on designing the next phase of our lives and getting the results we want, we each will schedule five more coaching sessions with Nella. Unlike other programs where I could put my materials away and forget about them, I am encouraged by Nella and my classmates to continue to work the process.

We have a website where we post updates and I am in e-mail conversations with many of my classmates. Their progress, especially the little life changes that are leading to large positive life changes, keeps me hopeful and motivated.

No comments: