March 06, 2008

Jersey Boys at Prince Edward Theatre

What nostalgia! From references to New Jersey landmarks (e.g., Rahway Correctional Facilities) to all the fabulous songs written and performed by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. Sherry, Big Girls Don't Cry, Walk Like A Man, My Eyes Adored You, Working My Way Back To You are only a few of the songs incorporated into this musical. I sang along with many others in the audience and remembered my NJ childhood fondly. I even discovered that one of my KCWC associates had also been born in Muhlenburg Hospital in Plainfield, New Jersey. What a small world!


The photo from "The Stage" website shows the West End production actors (this award winning show has been shown across the US). Ryan Molloy asFrankie Valli; Stephen Ashfield as Bob Gaudio; Glann Carter as Tommy DeVito; Philip Bulcock as Nick Massi

No comments: