January 15, 2007

AWC National Art Gallery & The Art Fund Card


I joined the AWC tour of the National Gallery Sainsbury Wing. As we walked from Embankment to the National Gallery, I enjoyed our guide's references to "King Elizabeth" and "Queen James" as he explained how the Duke of Buckingham acquired so much property. We all enjoyed the tour and dialogue (vs. straight lecture).

After getting our Tex Mex fix at the Texas Embassy, I returned alone to the National Gallery to finally see the Velazquez special exhibit and to test out my new Art Fund Card. I am happy to report that my card was honored and I was given 50% off of the regular exhibit price. The exhibit itself was very crowded and it was a bit difficult at times to get close to some paintings. But I enjoyed the exhibit and was grateful not to have missed it.

No comments: